Coronavirus – COVID 19
What you need to know…
- I am doing everything reasonably possible to mitigate the risks and to keep you, other building users and myself safe.
- You will need to confirm that you are symptom free and not in isolation or quarantine by completing the email COVID declaration the day before your appointment.
- Please arrive at your appointment time and not before. You will not be able to enter the building until your appointment time. Please note the waiting room will not be open for the foreseeable future.
- Where possible please attend your appointment on your own (unless you are bringing your child (social distancing still applies for children) or have disabilities and you require assistance)
- Please wear a face covering to your appointment (you will be able to take it off for treatment)
- I will be performing a ‘no touch’ infrared temperature check at the door (if your temperature is over 37.8 C we will need to reschedule your appointment)
- Ensure you wash your hands immediately on arrival and before you leave
- Please bring your own bottle of water
- Be prepared to pay by bank transfer or card. I have a contactless card reader (the contactless limit is currently £45)
- A complete risk assessment will be displayed in the clinic
Whilst I am pleased that I am able to see clients, we all still need to be mindful of the situation and make sure we do not get complacent. I am grateful for and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
The following is a long segment of information but please do have a read as it explains the measures I have put in place to keep everyone as safe as possible during this ongoing situation.
At this time I am not able to offer treatment to those in the high risk group. I will keep up to date with the government guidelines and my regulatory bodies and let you know when I am able to offer treatments to this group again.
For those of you that are not able to attend the clinic, if you are still shielding, not comfortable out and about or unwell, I am still here for you. I will continue to be offering guided self-treatment bowen session by video and am still available for advice and support. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss anything.
- There will be 30 minutes between appointments to allow for cleaning and airing of the treatment room (unless I am treating members of the same household directly after each other)
- I will be wearing a face shield at all times and an additional face covering
- My hands and exposed forearms will be washed thoroughly for at least 20 seconds between each client and use hand gel (70% alcohol) at regular intervals especially if I leave the room during your treatment.
- I will monitor my own health and those in my house hold. If any of us develop symptoms I will postpone your appointments and follow the government guidance on isolation.
- Non-essential items have been removed from my treatment space to minimise areas that the virus can linger and to allow for thorough cleaning
- Pillows and towels have been replaced with wipe clean alternatives that will be cleaned between appointments
- Weather and temperature permitting, I will aim to have the window open during your appointment
- There will be a minimum of 1m distance between us during the consultation period
- There is a plastic box (with lid) for you to put your belongings in rather than on the back of the chair or floor. This means I can effectively clean it between appointments
- Any towels or linens that are used during treatment will be bagged and washed at 60 deg.
- Couch tissues used during treatment will be disposed of in a bin with a lid and the couch will be cleaned between clients
- The window will be open in the WC to allow for ventilation
- Please be aware that I will be wiping down the sink / cleaning the toilet immediately after you have used it to keep other building users safe.
A few extra bits:
- I am removing my cancellation charges during this time. Please do provide me with as much notice as possible if you need to cancel an appointment
- Your appointment reminder email will now be the day before your appointment rather than two days.
- I will no longer be offering mobile appointments